Thai Massage Sacred Bodywork Certification Training with Ananda Apfelbaum, BA, LMT, RYT
Thai Massage Sacred Bodywork training offers an in depth study of Thai Massage with an emphasis on hands on learning. This practical approach ensures that students who finish Basic Certification are able to give a complete, whole body Thai Massage in five positions. The Basic training covers the five positions in three workshops as follows: (read more...)
Continuing Education (CEs)
The Continuing Education hours (CEs) offered here are NCBTMB approved. The CEs are for licensed massage therapists and registered yoga teachers. There are two kinds of CEs – NCBTMB CEs and NYS CEs. If you are a NYS LMT, you need 36 NYS CEs over a three year period in order to renew your license. If you are not a NYS LMT, then NCBTMB CEs will be sufficient. (read more...)
CEs must be paid for before attending your workshop. In order to receive your CE certificate, you need to attend and successfully complete the entire workshop. Remake certificates cost the same as the original certificates. Also please note that CE certificates are different from the Basic and Advanced Certification which all students will receive upon successful completion of their Basic or Advanced training.
Thai Massage Training Recommendations
- Book – Thai Massage, Sacred Bodywork by Ananda Apfelbaum. Click here for price and to order the book. The book will also be available at the workshops.
- DVD – Thai Massage, Sacred Bodywork by Ananda Apfelbaum. This DVD covers the Thai Massage sequence learned in the Foundation Workshops. Click here for price and to order the DVD. They will also be available at the workshops.
- Private Classes – Ananda will go over your Thai Massage techniques posture by posture and give you guidance and feedback. This will ensure that you practice correctly.
- Massage Session – will help you understand Thai Massage better.
- Bodywork Experience – recommended, but not necessary.
Thai Massage Training Requirements
- Practice – minimum of three hours of documented home practice for each workshop.
- Physical Condition – you need to be able to work on your hands and knees.
- Sheet and Yoga Mat – bring a twin-size flat sheet (NOT fitted, not Full/Queen/King) as well as one or preferably two yoga mats to class for use during the workshop.
- Attendance – come to class on time and stay for the duration of the class unless an exception has been given.
Thai Massage Training Make Up Classes
It generally takes one hour of private class to cover three hours of workshop material. Missed classes must be made up before the next class. During makeup classes, only the actual Thai Massage practical material will be covered. Make up classes are $90/hour.
The courtesy of 48 hours notice to cancel or reschedule a private class is appreciated. Failure to comply will result in the full charge – no exceptions.
No refund/credit will be given except for an emergency situation of ill health. If a refund is given, it will be for the balance of remaining class hours minus a $50 processing fee.
If you look at the per hour cost of these courses you will see that they are incredibly affordable and cheaper than many other NYC Thai Massage workshops. Our 36-hour foundation course appears more expensive, but when you check the per hour cost, you’ll find that you are getting more training for less cost. The longer hours have been given as many students asked for more material and more review. This ensures that when you leave the workshop, you will know the material thoroughly and be able to confidently give a very complete Thai massage when you finish the training! All trainings are accompanied by a free manual with photos of all the techniques and short clear explanations.
If you have any questions regarding the information presented here, please contact Ananda at: firstname.lastname@example.org.