Thai Massage Sacred Bodywork training offers an in depth study of Thai Massage with an emphasis on hands on learning. This ensures that students who finish the Basic Certification are able to give a wonderful, complete, whole body Thai Massage. Basic Certification covers all of the five traditional positions used in Thai massage via three workshops: 1. Supine & Prone, 2. Side Lying, Inverted & Seated and 3. Putting It All Together – Refinement. Students who successfully complete these three workshops are given Basic Certification. Advanced Certification is given to those students who complete the Advanced Techniques in the Five Positions workshop.
• Side Lying, Inverted & Seated – 26 NCBTMB, 26 NY State CEs (show details ↓)
• Putting it All Together – Refinement – 8 NCBTMB, 8 NY State CEs (show details ↓)
*All students who complete this program will receive 70 hours Basic Certification.
Continuing Education (CEs)
The Continuing Education hours (CEs) offered here are NCBTMB approved. The CEs are for licensed massage therapists and registered yoga teachers. There are two kinds of CEs – NCBTMB CEs and NY State CEs. If you are a NY State LMT, you need 36 NY State CEs over a three year period in order to renew your license. If you are not a NYS LMT but still need CEs, then NCBTMB CEs will be sufficient. (read more...)
CEs must be paid for before attending a workshop. In order to receive your CE certificate, students need to attend and successfully complete the entire workshop. Remake certificates cost the same as original certificates. Also please note that CE certificates are different from the Basic and Advanced Certificates which all students will receive upon successful completion of their Basic or Advanced training.
Thai Massage Training Recommendations
- Book – Thai Massage, Sacred Bodywork by Ananda Apfelbaum. Click here to order the book. The book will also be available at the workshops.
- DVD – Thai Massage, Sacred Bodywork by Ananda Apfelbaum. This DVD covers the Thai Massage sequence learned in the Foundation Workshops. Click here to order the DVD. They will also be available at the workshops.
- Private Classes – Ananda will go over your Thai Massage techniques posture by posture and give you guidance and feedback. This will ensure that you practice correctly.
- Massage Session – will help you understand Thai Massage better.
- Bodywork Experience – recommended, but not necessary.
Thai Massage Training Requirements
- Practice – minimum of three hours of documented home practice for each workshop.
- Physical Condition – you need to be able to work on your hands and knees.
- Sheet and Yoga Mat – bring a twin-size flat sheet (NOT fitted, not Full/Queen/King) as well as one or preferably two yoga mats to class for use during the workshop.
- Attendance – come to class on time and stay for the duration of the class unless an exception has been given.
Thai Massage Training Make Up Classes
It generally takes one hour of private class to cover three hours of workshop material. Missed classes must be made up before the next class. During makeup classes, only the actual Thai Massage practical material will be covered. Make up classes are $90/hour.
The courtesy of 48 hours notice to cancel or reschedule a private class is appreciated. Failure to comply will result in the full charge – no exceptions.
Our 36-hour Basic Certification course may appear more expensive to you than other courses, but remember, this is a 36 hour course and not a 30 hour course. Most of the other workshops are only 30 hours. When you check out our per hour cost at $15.40/hr, you’ll find that you are getting more training for less cost. We offer a longer course to fulfill the students’ requests for more Thai yoga massage training and more review time. This way, when students leave the workshop they are able to confidently give a very complete Thai Massage.
If you have any questions regarding the information presented here, please contact Ananda at: email@example.com.
No refund/credit will be given except for an emergency situation of ill health. If a refund is given, it will be for the balance of remaining class hours minus a $50 processing fee.