Our Thai Massage Sacred Bodywork Training Program is an exceptional, in-depth study of Thai Massage. We focus primarily on hands on training. In addition, we also introduce you to the history, culture and religion which Thai Massage is based on. Together we will create a supportive community to enhance the learning experience. Due to the intensive nature of our Thai Massage Training Program, we ask that you fully dedicate yourselves to the learning process by attending all the classes.
Our Thai Massage Training Program consists of two parts – a Basic Training and an Advanced Training. The Basic Training contains three workshops, namely, Supine & Prone, Side Lying, Inverted & Seated and Putting It All Together. The Advanced Training is composed of two workshops, namely, Supine and Side Lying, Prone, Inverted and Seated. We highly recommend that you take all the workshops in a program one after the other but if your schedule doesn’t permit we’re flexible and you can take them when its best for you.
Master teacher Ananda Apfelbaum teaches all of the workshops. She is the renowned author of Thai Massage Sacred Bodywork and producer of the accompanying instructional DVD, Thai Massage Sacred Bodywork. Apfelbaum brings you twenty-five years of teaching experience as well as thirty-two years of massage therapy experience. She studied extensively in Thailand as well as in Japan and China. Ananda loves to share with her students what she learned in Asia.
CEs (continuing education) are available for all the trainings. We are approved by NCBTMB, NYS and Yoga Alliance as a continuing education provider.
Thai Massage Sacred Bodywork Basic Training Program – 74 CEs In this seventy-four hour training program you will learn a wonderful flow of Thai massage techniques in all of the traditional Thai Massage positions. Our Basic Program is composed of the following three workshops: Supine & Prone, Side Lying, Inverted & Seated, and Putting It All Together which is a day of review and refinement. Certificates of completion are given to those students who complete these three courses. (show details ↓)
- Basic Supine & Prone – 33 CEs In this thirty-three hour Thai Massage training, you will learn over thirty wonderful stretches in the supine and prone positions.(show details ↓)You will learn fundamental Thai Massage techniques such as palming and thumbing, reflexology, and compression. Upon completion, you will be able to give a one and a half hour Thai Yoga Massage in supine and prone. No prerequisites required.
- Basic Side Lying, Inverted & Seated – 33 CEs In this thirty-three hour Thai Massage training, you will learn thirty-five awesome Thai Massage stretches in the side lying, inverted and seated positions.(show details ↓)You will learn basic Thai Massage techniques including palming and thumbing, working with your knees, compression as well as how to give a special Thai massage technique called “opening the wind”. While learning Opening The Wind, we will also explore how to use our intuition to guide us. During the training, we will also do Mindful Listening exercises so that you can better hear your clients – a quality so essential in your work as a healer. Upon completion, you will be able to give a one hour and twenty minute Thai Yoga Massage in these three positions. No prerequisites required.
- Putting It All Together – 8 CEs This day long workshop reviews, refines and puts together all that you have learned in the Supine, Prone, Side Lying, Inverted & Seated positions. (show details ↓)This workshop is only open to those who have already taken the Supine & Prone as well as the Side Lying, Inverted & Seated workshops. Certification is given to those students who successfully complete this last step of the Basic Thai Massage Training Program.
Thai Massage Sacred Bodywork Advanced Training Program – 54 CEs In this fifty-four hour training program you will learn additional advanced techniques in the Thai Massage positions you already learned in the Basic Training. You will also learn to refine the techniques you already know. Our Advanced Program is composed of the following two workshops: Advanced Supine and Advanced Side Lying, Prone, Inverted & Seated.(show details ↓)
- Advanced Supine – 27 CEs In this twenty-seven hour Thai Massage training, you will learn many additional techniques in the supine position.
- Advanced Side Lying, Prone, Inverted & Seated – 27 CEs In this twenty-seven hour Thai Massage training, you will learn many additional techniques in the side lying, prone, inverted and seated positions.
Location: All the workshops are held in Soho on Wooster St in New York City. Exact address will be given upon registration.
Thai Massage Sacred Bodywork: Basic Training Certification Program, NYC Encompasses the Supine & Prone; Side Lying, Inverted & Seated, and Putting It All Together Workshops. Sign up for the full program now at a $100 discount.
74 CEs – NCBTBM, NY State, and Yoga Alliance approved.
Dates: Oct. 13-14, Oct. 20-21, Oct. 27-28, Nov. 10-11, Nov. 17-18, Dec. 1, 2018
Hours: 10-6 pm, except Nov. 17th 10-7 pm
- $1045 Basic Training early bird registration (through 9/14/18) (save $100)
- $1145 Basic Training late registration (after 09/15/18)
Thai Massage Sacred Bodywork: Supine & Prone Workshop, NYC
33 CEs – NCBTMB, NY State, and Yoga Alliance approved
Dates: Oct. 13-14, Oct. 20-21, Oct. 27, 2018
Hours: 10-6 pm, except Nov. 17th 10-7 pm
- $495 Supine & Prone early bird registration (through 09/14/18) ( save $60)
- $555 late registration (after 09/15/18)
Thai Massage Sacred Bodywork: Side Lying, Inverted & Seated Workshop, NYC
33 CEs – NCBTMB, NY State, and Yoga Alliance approved
Dates: Oct. 28, Nov. 10-11, Nov. 17-18, 2018
Hours: 10-6 pm
- $495 Side Lying, Inverted & Seated early bird registration (through 09/29/18) (you save $60)
- $555 Side Lying, Inverted & Seated late registration (after 09/30/18)
Thai Massage Sacred Bodywork: Putting It All Together Workshop, NYC
8 CEs – NCBTMB, NY State, and Yoga Alliance approved
*Please note: This class is ONLY for those who have taken the Supine & Prone as well as the Side Lying, Inverted & Seated Workshops. Basic certification is given upon completion of the program.
Dates: Dec. 1, 2018
Hours: 10-7 pm
- $155 Putting It All Together early bird registration (through 11/2/18) (save $40)
- $195 Putting It All Together late registration (after 10/20/18)
Thai Massage Repeat Trainings in NYC
It’s a great idea to repeat the training. You can also come for one day on a day pass.
- $615 Repeat Basic Training
- $295 Repeat Supine & Prone
- $295 Repeat Side Lying, Inverted & Seated
- $85 Repeat Putting It All Together
- $65 Repeat One Day Pass
Continuing Education (CEs)
There are three kinds of CEs (continuing education hours) available. Two are under the auspices of NCBTMB (National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork) and one is under Yoga Alliance. For those needing CEs from NCBTMB, one is for massage therapists from out of state and the other is for NY state LMTs (Licensed Massage Therapists). CEs are needed by licensed massage therapists and Yoga Alliance registered yoga teachers in order to renew their license/registration. NY State LMTs need the NY state approved CEs. Out of state LMTs need the NCBTMB CEs. NY state requires LMTs to get 36 CEs over a three year period for their massage license renewal. YA registered yoga teachers need CEs to renew their registration, but they do not need an actual CE certificate as YA currently uses an honor system so you can just report on their website how many CEs you obtained from your training. (read more...)
In order to receive your CE certificate, you need to attend and successfully complete the entire training program.. Please note that CE certificates are different from the Thai Massage Sacred Bodywork Basic Training Program and the Advanced Training Program Certificates which all students receive upon successful completion of the Basic or Advanced Thai Massage training program.
Thai Massage Training Recommendations
- Book – Thai Massage, Sacred Bodywork by Ananda Apfelbaum. Click here to order the book. The book will also be available at the workshops for $22.
- DVD – Thai Massage, Sacred Bodywork by Ananda Apfelbaum. This DVD covers the Thai Massage sequence learned in the Basic Training Program. Click here to order the DVD. They will also be available at the workshops for $30.
- Private Classes – Ananda will go over your Thai Massage techniques and give you guidance and feedback. This will ensure that you practice correctly. $100/hour
- Thai Massage Session – will help you understand Thai Massage better. Ananda is available for sessions.
- Bodywork Experience – recommended, but not necessary.
Thai Massage Training Requirements
- Practice – a minimum of one hour of documented home practice needs to be done between each weekend of a training program.
- Physical Condition – you need to be able to work on your hands and knees.
- Attendance – come to class on time and stay for the duration of the class unless an exception has been given.
- Training manual. $20 cash/check to be paid at the door. Manual will be available at the beginning of a training program.
Thai Massage Workshop Make Up Classes
It generally takes one hour of private class to cover three hours of workshop material. Missed classes must be made up before the next class. During makeup classes, only the actual Thai Massage techniques that were missed will be covered. Make up classes are $100/hour.
For the schedule of upcoming Thai Massage Sacred Bodywork workshops, go to the Calendar. If you have any questions regarding the information presented here, please contact Ananda at: email@example.com
Location of all NYC Workshops is in Soho, New York, NY 10012 near the N/R Prince Street stop and the C/E Spring Street stop. (Exact location will be given upon registration.)
If not enough students have signed up for a program/workshop by two weeks before a training is about to begin, it will have to be rescheduled to a later date. Those students who have registered will have their payment applied to the next same program/workshop. If they can’t make the next training and inform Thai Massage Sacred Bodywork right away, they will get a refund for the full amount they paid. Also in terms of private classes, the courtesy of at least 24 hours notice to cancel or reschedule a private class is appreciated. Failure to comply will result in the full charge except in emergency situations.
No refund/credit will be given after one has registered for a workshop or private class except in the case of an emergency. Workshops are non-refundable and payments cannot be used for a different date or time. In case of an emergency please inform Thai Massage Sacred Bodywork so they can discuss the situation with you. If a refund is given, it will be minus a $100 processing fee.
If you need to pay for the training program or workshop via a payment plan, there is an additional $100 fee. Please email to inquire.